Monday, August 13, 2012

Miscellany Monday

{1} We've been having a lot of fun in the sun lately! I have friends from across the nation that can't wait for Fall but I sure can. Fall is one of my favorite seasons but our summers are too short! I can understand if it's been in the 80's & 90's since March though, which is the case for some of my blogger friends. :) Also, I know humidity is a killer and we don't have much of that here.

{2} We're in full party planning mode here! Everett's first birthday party is on Sunday. On Saturday we have two first birthday parties to attend, one in the morning and one in the evening. This is a crazy time of year for babies, that's for sure. I'm hoping to make Everett's party creative and fun. I always tend to start out with high hopes and then slowly start to simplify as the week goes on. We'll see. I'm reusing the food and gifts banner from my baby shower. His birthday party will have a very similar feel to my baby shower. I blogged about my baby shower HERE. And guess what? My friend that created all the baby shower graphics now has it listed on Etsy HERE. Her Etsy store is super cute....check it out!

{3} Emersyn has baby fever. The other day at New Seasons she stopped to ooh and ahh over a newborn and went on and on about how sweet and tiny they were. Then in the car on the way home we were listening to country music. A slow sappy country song came on, one I'd never heard before, and I hear Emersyn say in the most pathetic, tearful, adorable way..."this song reminds me of when hair baby was born". Then she proceeded to tell me how tiny hair baby was when she was born and how she's growing up so fast. SO funny. Totally something I would say to Brett in the car while we listen to music.

{4} I can't believe my BFF is going to have her baby girl in less then a month!! I'm so excited to go visit her in October.

{5} Something about summer zaps my motivation to cook! Could be the heat but it's not hot in my house.

{6} Brett has his first final exam this week and then he's done with school until the fall term starts in September. Cue the hallelujah chorus!!! I'm so excited to enjoy the end of summer with him and we are going to take full advantage of his lack of school schedule.

{7} I'm currently obsessed with pistachios. SO good!

{8} My mom gets here on Friday, hooray!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Haha! I had to be one of the blogger friends you mentioned in your #1! I think it was 102 yesterday & SO HUMID! We were dying! Haha. I think i should move to Oregon. :)

I canNOT believe Everett is almost ONE!!!