Friday, February 10, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday




1. I started my blog because I wanted to have an online journal in lieu of a detailed baby book for my kids. I am not a scrap booker and when I was working, it was so much easier to write out a blog post then it was to try to find the time to make scrap books to track milestones. My blog turned into much more then that though. Yes, a large part of it is about my kiddos. But it's also a way for me to therapeutically vent and write out lessons I'm learning as a wife, mama, friend, and woman involved in ministry.

2. One thing I love seeing on other blogs great pictures, inspiring stories based on real life situations like marriage and parenting, easy DIY projects.... My favorite thing to read on my friends blogs are just how they are doing in their day to day life. It's so hard to keep in touch with so many different people and it's fun to read up on their lives.

3. Something I love about blogging is how I can write out a blog post and have a friend or follower comment on how it impacted them. I also love re=reading blog posts and being encouraged by them. I like the randomness of blogging and how I can be bored and go back to a year ago today, or two years ago and relive a memory that I had forgotten about.

4. A favorite blog post of mine is probably oh man, that's hard/impossible to say. I love blog posts with pictures of my kids and happy memories. :) Vague, huh? I also like re-reading the posts when I was going through a challenging time and seeing how God brought me through it.

5. Something my friends in real life know about me that I've never before mentioned on my blog is mmm...this is tough!! I am kind of an open book on here, ha! Is that bad? I seriously can't think of anything!!!!

6. My new favorite blogs to read are I feel like Pinterest has somewhat taken the place of my leisure blog reading, what little that I do. But seriously, my favorite blogs are on the side bar of my blog! I also follow a couple great ones that are private.

7. Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are going on and on about how awesome I am. Or as my friend Caitlin likes to put it, "write as though I'm addressing all my fans". I also don't like to be a debbie downer. Life is full of real issues but sometimes things are better left unwritten. That's not always the case for sure and I've written my fair share of posts that are complaining about different situations, but I like to focus on the positive. :)

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

Love this glimpse into YOU!

Jen and Tyson said...

i love your blog and everything you share! you are always so happy and positive! you are a ray of sunshine! and i love seeing pictures of your cute family! :)