Monday, October 17, 2011

MIscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{1} I'm thinking about challenging myself to blog each day in November. Could this actually happen? We'll see. I've enjoyed daily blogging challenges in the past and it kind of forces me to focus in a good way. I'm hoping I'll muster up the motivation to do it over the next couple of weeks.

{2} Last week we went to the Apple Farm with a couple friends, including Emery who we went with last year. Remember these two sweeties?

Well, they are a year older and this year pretty much refused to cooperate with their mother's wishes for a repeat photo shoot. That's okay though, I know that as a three year old there are a lot more fun things to do in life then stop and take a picture! We did get one pretty cute shot though....

Aren't they just angelic looking? Then just a mere seconds later.....

I'm not exactly sure what happened here, I just know that a fight slightly broke out and I don't think that Emersyn was involved initially but then she freaked out and ended up smacking Emery in the head which resulted in Emery bawling which resulted in Emersyn bawling and Isabelle looking on a little confused. Naughty girls. We had a fun time overall, though I was a little exhausted when we got home. :)

{3} This weekend I committed to cleaning my upstairs. I deep cleaned my room and bathroom (which hadn't been done since Everett was born, eeeek) and then picked up the kids rooms, cleaned their bathroom and vacuumed. I decided to enlist some help with the toilet cleaning and Emersyn was thrilled to help!


{4} Last night we went to some friends house for dinner and they wanted to introduce us to a new game called, "Dominion". It's kind of like "The Settlers of Catan" if you are familiar with that kind of game. Anyways, I wasn't sure if we would be able to play given we had a three year old, 16 month old and 7 week old in our midst. But it totally worked out!! I was thrilled because Joe and Carissa are pretty chill about distractions like we are and so we totally played a whole game for an hour amidst random spurts of fighting over toys, crying, etc. It was great and I loved the game!
Everett hanging out with Miss Carissa :)

{5} Emersyn is very into Bibles lately. She pretends that any smaller book is a Bible and likes to pretend to do chapel with her babies like she goes to at preschool. I heard her in her room the other day saying, "who here has a Bible at home?" which I suspect is what the pastor asks during chapel. She found a Bible that is Brett's on a shelf below his nightstand and asked me if she could borrow it. I told her yes and look how happy she is about it. :)



{6} I love how God works. I know that sometimes He likes to bless me with fun things that are like a form of Him winking at me. For instance, I have been waiting for Emersyn's quilt at Pottery Barn Kids to arrive since June/July. It JUST got here last Friday. It's not that big of a deal since it's not like we've had time to paint or anything but still, I was really glad to hear that the quilt had finally come in. Get this though, the day that it came in just happened to be during their once a year unadvertised friends and family event where the ENTIRE store is 20% off!!! Are you kidding me?? I was ecstatic when the lady on the phone told me that when she called to tell me the quilt was in. I hate buying anything full price but I knew that the quilt wasn't going to be going on sale anytime soon because it's been back ordered for so long. A store isn't going to put something on sale that they keep selling out of. 20% off, thank you Lord!!!!!

{7} Speaking of Pottery Barn Kids, I LOVE this bathroom set.

Isn't it adorable and gender neutral?? Maybe after we Emersyn's big girl room done we could tackle the guest bathroom and make it more of a kids bathroom. We'll see. The PBK stuff is pretty pricey though, I may have to improvise with some other options. :)

{8} I told Brett that we need to go to Ikea soon yesterday. Emersyn was in the same room but playing with some toys. She started singing "Ikea was a wee little man, and a wee little man was he". I think she got Ikea and Zaccheus confused, ha ha.

{9} Everett has slept 8 hours for two nights in a row. I consider that "sleeping through the night" big time!!!!!! Yesterday morning I woke up in shock! I was able to pump too which is great since I only just started pumping yesterday and I have to leave Everett for about 4 hours this week which is too long for him to go without milk. Between yesterday and this morning I have 8 ounces for him, perfect! By Thursday I might even have a little extra so we could go on a date this weekend!! I would love a date night.

{10} "Sister Wives" is my Monday afternoon guilty pleasure. I like to watch it during nap time. I don't really have any shows that I watch on my own and this one Brett refuses to watch and that's saying a lot because I don't think he has ever refused to watch a show with me. It is such a strange show and concept but so intriguing.

{11} Last night we got home kinda late and when I came in to the front door I thought that my living room was on fire. I quickly realized that it was not on fire but that I had put the flameless candles on my mantle on a timer and forgot so they were on and reflecting in the sliding glass door. It was scary and funny at the same time.

{12} Okay, the amount of miscellany that has just occurred might be too much. I guess that's what I get for only blogging once a week. :)

1 comment:

carissa said...

i'm loving all these "e" names! so cute! we love settlers. it's been way too long since we've played. i'm not a bored game person, but i swoon over this one. : )