Tuesday, September 30, 2008

One Month Old!!!

My baby is one month old now!! I can hardly believe it, where does the time go? I am trying to savor each day and enjoy life to the fullest, that is for sure! Saturday was Brett's birthday! We went to Cheesecake Factory with my mom to celebrate. Normally him and I just do something special but since my mom was in town, we were happy to share this special occasion with her! Emersyn went too, of course. She wore a special outfit that I bought like the week after I found out I was pregnant. Brett and I had seen it at a store and he just loved it and when I went back, it was on sale. So I decided, if we had a girl, she would wear this outfit on Daddy's birthday and sure enough, she did just that! :) We enjoyed dinner immensely and Emersyn did great, I had to nurse her once while we were there but I have to say, I am becoming quite the expert on nursing a baby in a bathroom stall. It is hard on your back but a baby's gotta eat! Ironically, as I was feeding Emersyn, Brett and my mom were chowing down on the bread at the table, hee hee. :)

I had a couple pictures edited by my brother and then framed them for Brett's birthday. This is my favorite one and Brett just loved it too, I could tell he was touched and we are so constantly reminded of how blessed we are and how good God has been to us.
I also had this picture framed....
They are going to go in our room and slowly the rest of the house will be covered in Emersyn pictures! She sure is a photogenic baby, if I may say so myself! :) Brett is a great photographer too!
Sunday Brett has the day off which was so nice. My mom left that morning and I knew that it was going to be an emotional day for me so it is a good thing that Brett was off. It has been extrememly hard for me to accept the fact that my parent can't just see my baby whenever they want, but we all trust that God is good and He does everything for a reason. I think I am probably over emotional due to the postpartum hormones and such too.

Yesterday was my first day on my own with Emersyn and let me tell you, I have more appreciation for my mother then I ever thought possible. While she was here she did it all, from cooking, cleaning and taking care of us and the baby. Yesterday the reality of what I have entered into really set it. It wasn't as easy as I thought! :) Emersyn has been a little fussy lately, she can be quite gassy, so I am trying some different remedies. BUT I had all these plans to get stuff done yesterday while she was napping and none of it happened! I was so happy when Brett got home, although at that point she had finally settled down for a good nap and we ate dinner with no interuptions which was nice. After dinner we busted out my breastpump and I pumped for the first time, it was great! Also, Brett got to give Emersyn her first bottle. I am so so happy!! Now I can plan on taking a bottle places if I need to. For example, we are going to a football game at Newberg High on Friday. As tempting as it is to nurse my child amidst some very avid sports fans in the bleachers, I instead can bring a bottle and feed her that way! Hooray!!!
Here is Emmers, eating like a champ!


Tonight Biggest Loser is on! I am so excited, I just love that show!! It is very motivating and both Brett and I enjoy it! Plus, I pumped today while Brett was at work so he gets to give her a bottle tonight, whoo hoo!!


4 comments:

MiMi said...

She's a doll

Aimee said...

Oh Patti! I cannot believe you nurse in a restroom stall! (I did it once in the south, because I wasn't sure what the laws were). How gross!! Come on! We are never going to get past the nursing=natural sterotype if moms nurse while sitting on a toilet in the restroom! Just get a "milk mumu", or a "hooters hider." Not perfect, but not bad either. I am sure they have them all over P-town. Emersyn is darling! Great pics!

Unknown said...

oooh pregnancy hormones- those pictures are so adorable they made me cry!!! Congrats on the milestones :)

Anonymous said...

We have been watching The Biggest Looser too...but while eating Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies and Pizza :) So effective!

We need to get more pictures of Riley up around the house. I have started his baby book though and I've got quite a few pages done. That's fun. I got the page done with the 'naked' pics you took (that sounds bad).

Love you all!