Saturday, September 13, 2008

16 Days Old!




I can't believe how fast time is flying by!! Brett and I are loving being parents and Emersyn is just a dream baby. She is cuter then we could have ever imagined and it is so fun to watch her change each day and know that she is a little bit of me and a little bit of Brett.


Emersyn had her two week appt. last Tuesday, the 9th. She has gained some weight which is really good! The Dr. said that she is a good eater and that is a good sign! She is now 8 lbs, 6.5 oz and 22.5 inches long, she is off the charts percentile wise for height, crazy, huh? She is a tall baby girl! The dr. said that it doesn't mean anything really now, like that doesn't mean that she will be tall for sure but she is tall right now.


It is so fun to dress her in all the clothes that we have had for her for so long. It is so surreal to be able to put a face with a name now. We have talked about Emersyn for so long but actually having her here is wonderful. The nights are long at times but the days are so much fun. Brett helps me and gets up with her too on his days off but when he works, I am in charge of the nights. She is on a pretty consistent schedule, about every 2-2 1/2 hours she wakes up, I change her, feed her, burp her, swaddle her up and put her back in her cradle. The other night she slept for an almost 5 hour stretch. I nearly cried tears of joy when I woke up!!! Consecutive sleep is something you really take for granted before children!!


Emersyn went to church for the first time last Sunday! She was a hit, all the older ladies wanted to see her tiny toes and nearly all of them asked why she wasn't wearing socks. So funny, it is like a standard old lady thing. Her feet are still so tiny, her socks are hard to stay on, plus it was like 80 degrees outside!


My mom is still here and will be until the 28th of this month. My dad and Grandma were here for a week but left last Sunday. My parents surprised me though and bought me a plane ticket out to Minnesota for the end of October so I can see their new house! I am so excited and then my dad and Grandma will get to see Emersyn again! I am a little nervous about flying with her but I am sure it will all work out. I wish Brett was going but he can't really get time off work and that is okay. I will miss him though, we will be gone for 10 days, I can't bear to think about it!! But he is totally supportive of me going and for that, I adore him. My parents moving has been really tough on me, with having Emersyn and all, and he knows that me spending time with them is a blessing, especially on my maternity leave.


I think that is it for now. I will try to be better about updating this blog, it is fun to keep everyone posted! :)


Here is a link for more fun pictures!


2 comments:

Aimee said...

Time only goes faster and faster! As for flying when they are little, all you have to do is nurse them, and usually the fall asleep and stay asleep. It lulls one into thinking that they have a good flier. Jameson is still pretty good, but he is SO active now that he doesn't like to sit still. Enjoy being able to lay Emersyn down and say, do the dishes or read or something else, because in a few months its nearly impossible! Even as I write this Jameo has crawled up to the media cabinet and is trying to stand up.

girl said...

I am so happy for you...not to mention a little jealous that you're not pregnant right now and instead holding your precious baby! :) I can't wait to meet up. We'll wait until Ellie is born, but know that I am very excited!

Have fun with your mom and congratulations for the surprise plane ticket gift. How wonderful for you! :)