Monday, September 22, 2008

So blessed....




Sitting up in bed last night, feeding my baby and watching my husband sleep, I just feel so incredibly blessed. It seems like yesterday that I was 18, wondering if I would ever find someone who loves me that I love just as much, worrying so much about my future and things that I cannot control. I have to say, things turned out much better then I could have ever planned for myself. God has blessed me beyond what I could have hoped for and for that, I am so grateful.


Emersyn is starting to sleep in longer stretches at night, at least she has for the last two nights. The nights of every two hour feedings are pretty brutal, just so tiring. But Saturday night she slept for 5 hours and last night slept for 6 1/2. It is wonderful! Even though I am so tired at night when I wake up to feed her, it is still a really special time. Emersyn looks so beautiful to me when she first wakes up. Her coloring is so pretty, her skin looks perfect and her little lips are a rosy red. She is beautiful all the time, of course, but I just love her when she first wakes up. It is very fun.


My mom leaves this Sunday and then life is back to normal for a bit. My aunt and Grandma are going to come up from Sacramento on October 8th to meet the baby so that will be fun. I am gone on the 18th through the 27th in Minnesota and then we are going to Boise in November to visit my best friend, her husband and Emersyn's future husband!! :) Emersyn is going to be the travelling baby this Fall! I am trying to make the most of my maternity leave, that is for sure.


Today is the first day of Fall, I can't believe it!! Next week I am going to get all my Fall decorations out, I can't wait!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

The newborn phase is such a special phase...enjoy it, it flies so quickly!

girl said...

What a beautiful post! I am so happy for you and excited that you are able to sleep more through the night! I think God is preparing me for those two hour feedings, because that is how often I have to use the restroom during the night. Ugh! Any day now...just trying to be patient. :)

girl said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details if you want to play along! :)