Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Fall!

Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. I love the transition from Summer to Fall with the rain and overcast days, I love all the colors of Fall (look at the color pallate of my house and you will see what I mean), the crunch leaves, the pumpkin patch trips, etc. It is all wonderful and just leading up to my second favorite season, Winter!!!

Life is good. Emersyn continues to grow and change daily it seems. She is just a doll and I love her so much. We have started to put her to bed in her crib, which was VERY hard for me at first but I know it is so much better for her. She gets much better quality of sleep when it is quiet and dark in her room, versus amidst the tv and conversation when Brett and I are up and she is sleeping. She is sleeping in longer segments as a result of this new plan.

We took her to the pumpkin patch on Friday. She slept through the whole thing. Next year she will be more into it, I imagine!

I am starting to get the hang of balancing the house and the baby. I really don't do much during the day and when Brett comes home and is having some Daddy time, I am able to get some things done. Same with when she goes to bed now, I am able to do laundry and stuff, although the downside to that is I get like a second wind and then have trouble winding down myself to go to sleep.

I leave for Minnesota on Saturday, I can't wait! It is going to be like a vacation, Emersyn and I will be well taken care of. Plus, my mom has a soaking tub, something I do not have, and I plan on taking a bath like every day. *sigh* It will be nice!!!

I know of 8 babies that have been born since Emersyn was born. She is going to have lots of little friends, that is for sure! I still have three friends that are expecting their babies this Fall too!

2 comments:

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

Emersyn is such a cutie. She is changing so much already. Have a wonderful time with your family. I am sure Brett will miss his little girl.
Thank you so much for the card. It was so sweet of you. Check out our blog for the newest change in our lives.

Anonymous said...

I love your new layout! Did they get some new ones or did you get the html from somewhere else? I guess I could look myself :)