Thursday, December 29, 2011

December Happenings!

I started writing this post about a week before Christmas but alas, it never got published. I only got the pictures uploaded but ran out of time to write!

Here's a few things that we were up to this past month (with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas...I'll cover those in another post!).

Christmas card pictures at our favorite place....Starbucks!!


How did my baby turn into such a little girl so quickly??

Is it just me or does Everett look a little bit like Charlie Brown??



I did pictures of Ems in a Santa bag for her first Christmas too, remember?





The weekend before my parents got here, we went to Great Wolf Lodge for the night! We went on a Sunday night so it was a lot cheaper then their usual really expensive rates. We brought Emersyn's favorite person in the world with us, her 7 year old cousin Annabel.

The girls forgot to bring shoes other then their boots. :)

It was SO much fun!! They had a ton of things to do there, more then we even had time for! They did a really fun story time at night and they even made it "snow" with bubbles. It was a little challenging with all of us sleeping in the same room but we made it work and it was a blast. Emersyn was SO brave and went down all the slides that her size allowed. We are going to make it a yearly tradition for sure, especially at Christmas time. It was so fun to see the lodge all decorated with Christmas trees and lights.

On Tuesday, December 13th Emersyn had her first preschool Christmas program and it was just darling. Her class sang three songs. Of course my girl is totally into music and can't help herself when she gets the urge to dance so during the first song she starts dancing and jumping which then lead to the entire class jumping and singing. It was hilarious and adorable.

Emersyn, Isabelle and Emery

Baby Everett posing as Baby Jesus

So proud of our girl!!

On December 14th my parents arrived in town and the fun began! Emersyn loved having her grandparents stay with us and they had a blast playing together.

Ems and Grandpa, getting ready to go on a walk!

We made Christmas sugar cookies that were delicious!!!!!! The secret is almond extract in the buttercream frosting. :)


We made a gingerbread house with Uncle David!!

There was lots of cuddling with MiMi!

And Grandpa!

Ems helped me send out Christmas cards.....just a couple days before Christmas!

We looked at the lights on Peacock Lane!

We visited Santaland at the local Alpenrose Dairy.

It was such a fun holiday season and it's still going. I think the holdays are officially over once everyone goes back to work, which in our case is January 3rd. :)

More to come later!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

We got your card & LOVE it! Such cute pics! Love Emersyn's dress in the preschool program pics. :) He DOES look a little like Charlie Brown. HaHa!

Kristi said...

Looks like you guys had a great December! Love the Charlie Brown thing...made me laugh out loud :) Loved little Everett in the Santa bag too....so cute!

Julia said...

Patti, I love all the pics! I love the one with your dad and Ev, all dressed up. And yes, I do believe that one Santa sack pic totally looks like your own little Charlie Brown :) You did such a great job filling your kids' Christmas with lots of great memories and traditions, I don't know how you do it! I'm in awe :)Let me know if you're free one day after Brett's back to work, I'd love to catch up in person!