Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

This weekend was very fun and eventful!


Friday we went to Gustav's for dinner, one of my favorite places. I just adore their potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce. And no, that isn't a weird pregnancy craving, I have always loved them. Friday night we went and did some shopping for the nursery, what else is new. :) We also worked on the nursery itself, got the carpet's cleaned, moved the dresser out of the guest room, into the nursery, moved a bookshelf into the guest room, started to fill it with all our books. It was fun.


Saturday we got paint for her room. Paint is a scary thing to me, you just never know how something is going to look until you put it on the wall. Right now we are thinking of doing pink and green stripes on the lower half of the wall, with a white chair rail in the middle and pink up above. We'll see though, we change our mind about this almost daily. We put some of the pink and green on the wall though to see how it looks and so far so good.


Sunday, I awoke to a lovely surprise.....breakfast in bed!!!



I have the best husband in the world and he is so thoughtful. He got these adorable flower pancake molds from Williams Sonoma and made me homemade vanilla syrup, his idea since I don't love maple syrup. He also got organic strawberries, baked the bacon just the way I like it and made FRESH SQUEEZED OJ!!! It was delicious and I could have cried. He made me feel very special and I just love him.

Since my mom is out of town, my brother and I took my grandma out to Changs Mongolian Grill for lunch. Then we went to Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. I ate waaaay too much yesterday but oh well. I am eating for two after all. :) I also got to take a nap in the afternoon which was glorious.

Yesterday I felt Emersyn kick more then I ever have before. I felt her down low and then at night she flipped over and I felt her really high, like an inch or so above my belly button. I have never felt her that high before. I decided to watch my bare tummy to see if I could see any movement and sure enough, I did!! I would feel her kick and then look and one side of my tummy would jump a little bit. I was so delighted! It is funny because I feel like she knows I like it and likes making mommy happy. I know that is silly but it is how I feel and makes me love her even more. She is getting bigger and bigger, from what I read anyways, so I am sure I will start feeling her even more and more.

I am 6 months pregnant this week, can you believe it!?? I hardly can!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

girl said...

What a great hubby you have! :) I am glad you felt so special on your first Mother's Day.

So you're going to think I am totally copying you, but we are thinking of doing our nursery green and pink with a white chair rail as well. No joking - we talked about this on Saturday, way before I ever saw your blog. :) Maybe great minds just think alike!

Hope you're doing well. I hit week 20 tomorrow - half way done! :)

girl said...

Oooh! I love Pottery Barn and I definitely love discounts! :) Count me in on a shopping trip (even if we don't go to Pottery Barn Kids).

Jennifer said...

It is fun to see what you're up to. Little girls are the best! I can't wait to see her (though I'm sure you can't wait more!)