Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Weekend FUN!!!!!

We had such a wonderful 4th of July weekend, full of friends, freedom, food and FOTOS!!!!! Okay, I know that doesn't technically work but I love me some alliteration. Remember this post? :)

But first, a couple pictures from the days leading up to our exciting weekend! On Wednesday, we met our friends, the Kaushals, at Magnolia Park! This is the park where Emersyn's first birthday party is going to be held! It will be here before we know it.....

Emersyn and Sanjana enjoying the fountain.

Look at her little water "wings"! :)

On Friday we went to Pump It Up Junior in Beaverton! Guess who we went with? Amancia and Sanjana of course! We have had quite a few playdates lately which is very fun!

Emersyn showing off her crawling skills at PIU Jr.

"Awww Mom...more pictures?? I want to go have more fun crawling around"

"Okay seriously Mom. You have a problem. Uncle David may be obsessed with bacon but YOU are obsessed with taking my picture!! That is why I am giving you this look of exasperation." Side note: this picture CRACKS me up. I predict I will see this face a lot more in my future.


This little boy was pretty smitten with Ems. His mom told me that he kept asking if he could kiss her. I told her that Emersyn's Daddy would not approve!! :)

Sanj is skeptical over this boys intentions with Emersyn and keeps a close watch. Or she is pooping. Her mom and I couldn't quite figure it out. Ha!

Emersyn is in awe of how fast and mobile Sanji is. Another side note: see how Emersyn's little pony tail matches her "Cindy Lou Hoo" onesie? SO cute!!!! (Thank you Grammy)
Friday night we had some friends over for dinner! James and Rachelle brought their "baby", Gracie (a weiner dog) and the Bryant's brought Miss Estella Joy. Estella is almost exactly 8 weeks younger then Emersyn. For a long time, their ages seemed so far apart but they are just now starting to really be able to play and enjoy each other.

Checking each other out. It had been while since they played.


I think Emersyn has a question.

Happy girls!!

Part of the excitement of Friday night was knowing that we both had the 4th of July off together!!! Family days are something that we treasure immensely. We decided to kick off the day by heading to the fountain at Magnolia Park.


The fountain was kind of a dud. The water was hardly ever on and when it was, the kids there thought it was funny to block the water from coming out. Plus, it was just too darn hot. But we had fun nonetheless!

Saturday night we went over to our friends James and Rachelle's for dinner and games. It was fun to hang out with them two nights in a row, considering we haven't hung out in MONTHS, mabye not even all year! We took some "official 4th of July pictures" of Emersyn on their deck. The lighting was just beautiful.

My grandma bought this little outfit for her future great grand baby long before Emersyn was even a glimmer in our eyes. :) It is 3-6 months and I thought I could just have Emersyn wear it as a shirt but it totally worked out as a little dress!! Good thing the sizing was off! I love it, so patriotic AND the little stars say "Mommy's Super Star".

Not only was this Emersyn's first 4th...it was her first time wearing TWO piggy tails!!!!! My heart was bursting with joy.

Emersyn's new friend, Gracie.

We decided to go watch fireworks downtown at Brett's work. The fireworks didn't start until 10pm so we had some time to kill! We had a great dinner and then played a game of "Puerto Rico". Don't judge us. It is super fun!!!!!!


Not gonna lie, I totally made Rachelle pose "candidly" for this picture, hee hee.

Emersyn trying to figure out her strategy for the game.

The game was too confusing, she decided to kick back and relax on Daddy instead. I love her little piggys. These toes are just begging for a pedicure, don't you think??

The game was super fun. I think the boys tied...can't remember, all I know is that I was dead last. Oh well!

This was our view of the fireworks from the 21st floor....amazing.


Emersyn really loved watching the fireworks in her jammies. I love snuggling with her while she watched. I got a little emotional.....I remember last year on the 4th, thinking about how this year I would be holding a little baby in my arms while watching fireworks. As I held her, I couldn't help but be amazed at how wonderful God's plans are, so much better then my own. I am so blessed and thankful to God for Emersyn and her health.

The next morning Emersyn slept until almost 10am. I had taken her piggy tails out the night before...however, they lingered.....

I just love her.

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend, celebrating our nation and it's freedom!

3 comments:

Julieta said...

Patti I couldn't stop smiling with your daughters FOTOS! :D
Look at her face when she was in the dark, watching the fireworks!!! she's gorgeous.
I see that July 4th is very important for people in United States.
In Argentina we celebrate July 9th (that is tomorrow) but we don't have more than a national free day (I think that you call it "a holliday").
Well, I hope you're great and your family too :)
Look at my Blog then, if you want. I love when you leave me messages. :)
Well, I gotta go now, I'm making a cake because my boyfriend's coming to have dinner with my family today :)
See you!

Kim said...

What a sweet post! Loved the pig tales. Wish I had a little girl to dress as cute as Emersyn! :) Glad y'all had a great 4th. Loved the fireworks pictures, looks so neat!

mosaicmama said...

lots more playdates to come, sanji isn't halfway done showing em all the fun that is out there now that she has mobility!

i LOVE LOVE brett's water wings pic of sanji. definitely going to be printed. my sweet little ogre.

love em's first piggies!