Monday, April 27, 2009

First Blog Award!

I got my first blog award from Katie at "My Story is Not Over". She stumbled onto my blog sometime ago, left a comment, and since then, we have been following each other. It is fun to meet new people in the blog world! Thank you for thinking of me Katie!!




Rules for Mom of the Year Award:


(1) Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!


Hmm….I don’t struggle with guilt too much because I don’t believe in it in a sense. You get that way when people try to make you feel guilty for things…anyways, not going to open that can of worms. If I had to think of something though, I would say that in a sense I feel guilty for working part time away from my home and away from Emersyn. But I know that during the time I am away, she gets a chance to bond with her daddy in a way that she wouldn’t if I was there. She also gets to be around her Nana and Papa, Aunts and Uncles, and Cousins two half days a week which make her “socially well rounded”, or at least that’s what a therapist said about her. (Not her therapist, she is NOT in therapy, let’s be clear about that!!) But like this week, she hasn’t felt well and I felt guilty about leaving her but the truth is, she naps most of the afternoons that she isn’t feeling well so it’s not like I am neglecting her. AND she just has a touch of a cold. If she was more seriously ill, of COURSE I would be home with her!!


2) Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!


1. I am proud of my commitment to breastfeed until she is one year old, despite my hatred towards pumping.
2. I love experiencing new things with her. Everything is more exciting when she is with me, whether it be grocery shopping, going on walks, or playing at home.
3. I love the smiles that she gives me in the mornings when I get her out of her crib or when I wake her up in the morning.
4. I love that I knew exactly the kind of baby she would be even inside my tummy; easy going, happy, and content.
5. I love giving her massages after her bath time to make sure her skin stays moisturized. I love the snuggles that follow the massage too.
6. I love that I love being a mom. I kind of wondered if I would resent having to lose sleep, lose time to myself, etc. But I truly adore her and would do anything for her. I didn’t hate getting up every 2 hours when she is a newborn. I don’t hate getting barfed on, drooled on, etc.
7. I love how she lays her head on my shoulder and falls asleep early every morning after I have nursed her. I can hardly stand to put her back in her crib.


(3) Send this to five other Mom's Of The Year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.


Here you go ladies, I think you're all amazing moms and I love learning new things from you!
Amancia @ Mix Mix Mama
Tiffany @ Langford Family
Aimee @ This is Us!


1 comment:

mosaicmama said...

aw, thanks patti! this will be fun to do :) you're my first friend that i've known before you were a mom; it's fun watching you step into this new role so beautifully!