Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally feeling better....

I didn't work at ALL last week which is very unlike me. I might miss one day or so for being sick but never a full week. I needed it though, since sleep was really the only remedy that I could count on. I had the humidifier on full blast and drank lots of fluids and it really only took me about 5 days to get over it. Brett came down with the bug on Friday and missed work two days as well. Poor guy.

Good news, our bedding came in, all except for the crib sheet which I can handle. I hope it still comes in but if it doesn't, we can just get a solid printed sheet, no worries. I can't wait to see it all put together. We are having the carpets cleaned in the whole house before we put the crib up. It is going to be SO weird to have a crib in my house! Weird but fun. :)

We were doing some reorganizing and realized that we desperately needed a bookshelf. Yay for Ikea. We found one that is a good, large size, enough for us to use now and grow into later, and it was only $60. You can hardly find one used for that price. It will go in the guest room where the dresser currently is, and the guest room dresser is going into the nursery. It is really sweet and white and we are going to find some pink knobs for it to replace the metal ones now.

I am feeling Emersyn move around lots now. It is a really excting and new aspect of pregnancy. I had a dr. appointment last week and my blood pressure was a little higher then usual. I normally have perfect 120/80 blood pressure but it was like 139/89. I was a little concerned but my dr. didn't seem worried. I am going to have it checked again this week. I am hoping that it was because of me being sick and my body being overtired maybe. I am sure it is nothing to worry about, I just want to make sure this little girl gets here safe and sound in September.

Starting to have heartburn during the day. Not horrific heartburn like I have heard can happen but enough to be irritating. But if it means the baby is going to be born with lots of hair, bring it on!! :)

No comments: